Where to relocate?
Where and how to relocate? IT professionals of different qualifications often ask these questions. Aw.club offers the first answers and real opportunities to move to 6 countries so far: the list and offers will be updated.
— Since March 2022, we have been noticing a great demand for information about relocation from Belarus, Russia, and other countries, and we want to help aw.club members choose the best destination if they have already decided to move. We have a massive database of relocation data that we collected from the experience of our friends, communities, and partners. We took some indicators (such as the average standard of living in different countries) from public sources and matched them with reality. Each guide includes general information about the location, culture, climate, standard of living, data about taxes, and approximate expenses on housing, food, and children's education. All the information we tried to organize and put in an understandable format. Today you can find guides on six countries — Turkey, Uzbekistan, Serbia, Hungary, Colombia, and Mexico; soon, we'll add Spain and Montenegro. Our team constantly updates this list, and we are working on collecting information on other countries very actively. We invite all club members to discuss which destinations they would like to see on the Relocate page next in our Discord channel, — says Nick Murphy.
How does the relocation process take place?
In addition to the information block, aw. Club has worked out the possibility of relocation for those who are more concerned not with "where" but "how": one of the possible options is to relocate with the help of a partner.
— On our website, you can see the block "Special Relocation Program" — how does it work? If an aw.club user wants to relocate and is ready to work for a partner, they fill out a relocation form. A partner receives the application and processes it. If a job offer for the candidate's specialty and qualifications appears, an applicant will be required to have an interview. Then the candidate goes through all the stages, and if he accepts the offer, the company will relocate him, — says Nick.
Starting conditions for getting into this program (except the desire) are middle+ in the specialty, B1+ level of English, and willingness to live in another country for at least a year.
— Today people look for a new home in all parts of the world. IT specialists move from Warsaw to New York, from Singapore to Vilnius, from Minsk to Malaga, and vice versa: the main thing is to have a computer and Internet access; you choose the location. We are glad we could integrate this program into our website and make the potential relocation easier for our club members, — says Nick.
Aw.club has launched two volunteer projects with a mission to facilitate the adaptation process in a new country.
— One of these projects is Coworking Map. It was designed as a map for finding the nearest workplace with stable Internet and printer in a new location. While developing it, we realized that we could expand its functionality. After all, when you come to a new country, you need to rebuild your life from scratch, but you don't want to give up the familiar rituals you loved so much in the past. For example, you probably want to know where to find a good hairdresser, who organizes the best meet-ups, which co-working spaces are the most convenient, where the tastiest coffee is, etc. So we came up with the idea to create a map with "points" from people who already have this information.
— Another project we are currently developing is an instruction manual in Notion. The idea is that people who have relocated or are professionally involved in it will help with writing and keeping a complete, up-to-date manual on how to move to different countries. It would seem to overlap with the guides we've put together, but it's still other format and type of information: one thing is general information and key facts, another is information on where to make an apostille, find housing, what sim-card to buy, what is the vet's number, etc.
— Our mission for the future is to make it easier to choose the country to move to for the club members and make relocation as comfortable as possible. For example, our immediate plans - and we are already implementing them — are to add to our site the ability to compare countries by the standard of living and costs and integrate a tax calculator.
In our Discord, you will find online events with relocants led by blogger IT-Beard and FrontSpot community leader Victor Shelenchenko. We also post their records on our YouTube channel and prepare blog articles about moving to different countries: join us. We have a busy calendar!
We are open to partners who can help people adjust to a new environment - whether it helps with moving or it is legal advice on obtaining permanent residency in one country or another.
We'd love it if you tell us what information in Relocate tab you'd like to see.
Your feedback in our Discord is highly appreciated!
- How to Ask for a Raise or PromotionWork09 Dec 2022
- How to Effectively Give Feedback?Work18 Nov 2022
- Effectively Launching as a Junior: an Expert's ViewWork23 Nov 2022
- How Do You Draw Positive Attention to Yourself?Work23 Dec 2022
- What to Do to Get into IT TodayWork12 Dec 2022
- How to Learn EnglishLearn04 Aug 2022
- Juniors Are Needed for CompaniesWork22 Dec 2022
- Who Can You Become in IT?Work13 Dec 2022
- What Is Mentoring in IT and How Does It Help You Master the Profession?Learn27 Dec 2022
- Teamwork: 5 Factors of Effective InteractionWork03 Jan 2023
- Business Analyst in IT: What You Need to Know and DoLearn14 Nov 2022
- 10 Things Beginner Startups Don't Need to DoLearn05 Jan 2023
- What You Need to Know to Relocate to SerbiaRelocate26 May 2022
- How to Learn Ruby on Your OwnLearn25 Nov 2022
- English Through Music: Learn and Have FunLearn04 Nov 2022
- What Does a Botanist Do in IT?Work04 Nov 2022
- Soft Skills Are 85% of a Person’s Success in a ProfessionWork29 Dec 2022
- Trends in IT Company EventsCommunity30 Nov 2022
- How to Compose a ResumeWork16 Aug 2022
- How to Manage Interview AnxietyWork12 Oct 2022
- "Where Else but Spain?" — the Experience of MovingRelocate06 Dec 2022
- IT Language of the TesterLearn09 Jan 2023
- The Brain-Up Project is Looking for VolunteersVolunteer11 Aug 2022
- Relocation to TurkeyRelocate31 Aug 2022
- The Easiest Programming Languages to LearnLearn07 Sep 2022
- How to Become a DevOpsLearn06 Oct 2022
- “Forget About Impostor Syndrome”Community18 Oct 2022
- 8 Reasons to Move to KrakowRelocate26 Oct 2022
- How to Become a Tester in three weeksWork19 May 2022
- The Reality and Myths of Life in TurkeyRelocate19 May 2022
- IT Beard Talks About Anywhere Club IT CommunityCommunity19 May 2022
- What Should a Beginner Automation QA Engineer LearnLearn29 Sep 2022
- Project Manager Responsibilities: Tasks and Skills vs RealityWork31 Oct 2022
- Home for Every IT Professional in the WorldCommunity19 May 2022
- Living in Serbia — Pros and ConsRelocate16 Jun 2022
- Relocation to GeorgiaRelocate20 Sep 2022
- 3 Ways to Find Your Dream JobWork24 Nov 2022
- Sent out 500 Resumes and Moved to UzbekistanWork28 Nov 2022
- 5 Common Questions about RelocationRelocate19 May 2022
- Relocation is Like the First Child's BirthRelocate23 May 2022
- To Learn How to Write Code, You Have to Write CodeWork24 May 2022
- Lithuania: Features and Life HacksRelocate10 Oct 2022
- 3 Facilitation Case Studies: Better and Worse ScenariosWork31 Oct 2022
- How Does a Junior Get Their First Job in Singapore?Work22 Nov 2022
- Android: What Should Beginners and Professionals DoLearn09 Jun 2022
- What Are Some of the Unusual Jobs in ITWork21 Jun 2022
- The Psychological Trauma of EmigrantsRelocate28 Jun 2022
- How to Avoid Burnout And Stay Productive in 2022Work06 Jul 2022
- What is Data ScienceWork09 Aug 2022
- Why Time Management Doesn't WorkLearn19 Sep 2022
- 5 Myths About IT: True or FalseWork19 May 2022
- What to Read and Watch for a Novice Java EngineerLearn19 May 2022
- How to Start an IT Career in TestingWork01 Jun 2022
- Tips for Relocating to SerbiaRelocate02 Jun 2022
- How Do Expatriates Live in UzbekistanRelocate15 Jun 2022
- What Is a Vocation, and Does It Exist in 2022Work20 Jun 2022
- How to Support Someone Who Is StressedCommunity23 Jun 2022
- 6 Stereotypes About Life in HungaryRelocate30 Jun 2022
- What Impresses in MontenegroRelocate18 Aug 2022
- Where to Make Friends With BlockchainLearn25 Aug 2022
- Doctor in ITWork24 Aug 2022
- How to Become an HR ManagerWork05 Sep 2022
- Top iOS Developer ResourcesLearn12 Sep 2022
- 7 Soft Skills for DevelopersWork27 Sep 2022
- Features of Life in GermanyRelocate05 Oct 2022
- Facilitation: How to Conduct It EffectivelyWork17 Oct 2022
- Life in Italy: What You Need to PrepareRelocate19 Oct 2022
- 10 Ways to Stay on Top of IT TrendsLearn25 Oct 2022
- An 8-month Journey to Front-EndWork04 Jul 2022
- The Joys And Challenges of Relocation to HungaryRelocate11 Jul 2022
- Where is Python Used And Why Should You Study It in 2022Learn13 Jul 2022
- From Travel Agent to a Tester in ITWork20 Jul 2022
- The Real Story of a Radical Change in ProfessionWork18 Jul 2022
- Top 5 Startup Books to Read in 2022Learn27 Jul 2022
- Life Hacks And Impressions of Moving to PolandRelocate28 Jul 2022
- Family Traumas in EmigrationRelocate03 Aug 2022
- What Do You Need to Know About the South of SpainRelocate22 Aug 2022
- Pros and Cons of Life in MontenegroRelocate08 Sep 2022
- Why Do Job Applicants Lie in Interviews?Work12 Jan 2023
- The Incredible Success Story of a Switcher in ITWork17 Jan 2023
- Tips from a Career ConsultantWork20 Jan 2023
- IT Language of the Business AnalystLearn23 Jan 2023
- "By the Time They Come Back with an Offer, You Сan Give Birth"Work27 Jan 2023
- How to Become a Backend DeveloperLearn31 Jan 2023
- How can a programmer without work experience find a jobWork01 Feb 2023