In this article
Selenium WebDriver initialization
— Selenium WebDriver is a tool for automating web browser actions. To work with Selenium WebDriver, it needs to be initialized— that is, declared — before it can be used. You need to declare it correctly. Different approaches, in the form of design patterns, are used.
Wide range of choices
- Selenium based. A classic approach for automating web applications in which we communicate with the browser (Chrome, Firefox) via Selenium WebDriver.
- DevTools Protocol based. This is a newer approach in which we communicate with the browser via DevTool, rather than Selenium WebDriver.
Low entry requirements
- Be able to search for locators. A locator is a string that allows you to find an element (button, input field) on a page of a web application or website.
- Know Page Object. Page Object is a basic approach for organizing an automation project (test framework).
Infrastructure for development
- In the automation of web applications. It is used for emulations of user actions in the browser. For example, you can automatically test the application login form and other more complex cases.
Our thanks to our partner site training.epam.com.