Overview of popular frameworks, including pros, cons, and features.
Author Santhamani Gaddamanugu, EPAM Middle Software Engineer, shares his expertise.
- Two-way data binding;
- Logic is separated from the display using MVC, which is favored by developers;
- Easy DOM Manipulation; and
- Reusability of components.
- Some features are complicated to customize; and
- Can have complex scenarios.
- Data binding for synchronized view and model updates;
- Directives for adding interactivity;
- Dependency injection for HTTP calls and passing data between components;
- Templates for creating UI elements;
- Support for building Progressive Web Apps with modern web capabilities; and
- A change detection mechanism that can update specific parts of the application without reloading all components using default and OnPush mechanisms.
- Allows reuse of components;
- Solves issues associated with HTML for dynamic web applications, and uses Virtual DOM for faster rendering; and
- Uses functional components and class components, which have their own features.
- Uses JSX, which can have a steep learning curve; and
- JSX, data binding, and hooks are opinionated.
- Declarative UI for readability and easy debugging;
- Virtual DOM for efficient rendering of UI;
- Component-based architecture for modular development;
- JSX markup syntax for easier maintenance of React components;
- High performance with one-way data binding and Flux controls; and
- Used for building native apps in React native.
- Small size, easily adaptable, and extendable with other libraries;
- Reactivity is created by Composition API, which doesn’t require a decorator.
- Small plug-in system;
- Language barriers, since large communities of users develop plugins and documentation in Chinese, which makes it difficult for those who don’t understand the language; and
- Too much flexibility can create risks and differing programming approaches within a single team.
- Declarative rendering and component-based architecture;
- Core library is designed to be easy to pick up and use, yet customizable and extensible;
- Composition API for Redux-like State Management without external dependencies;
- Single File Component for easy use throughout the application; and
- Built-in component for Transitions/Animations to provide effects to HTML documents.
Next.js is a React front-end framework for building UIs and static websites. It features automatic page generation based on file structure and incremental static generation for updating static pages.
- Responsive Design — flexible and responsive to all media devices;
- Enables building of static websites quickly with dynamic functionalities; and
- Next.js excels for SEO since it offers server-side rendering.
- Poor plug-in system;
- Build time is significantly more when working with several pages; and
- Routing can be a constraint.
- Static Generation for generating and caching HTML pages at build time; and
- Server-Side Rendering for generating dynamic content pages on every request.
- Powerful platform for fast and scalable web app development;
- Handles concurrent requests.
- Excessive reliance on callbacks;
- Asynchronous programming makes it difficult to maintain code;
- Developers must depend on third-party libraries to complete certain tasks; and
- Processes one request at a time.
- Event-driven and asynchronous, allows for concurrent handling of connections without blocking execution using callbacks;
- Single-threaded with event looping, making the server highly scalable;
- No data buffering, data sent in chunks; and
- Built on Chrome V8 engine for fast code execution.
Express.js is a free and open-source web application framework for Node.js, designed for building web applications and APIs. It is known for its soft dependencies, plugin system, easy routing, and absence of callback hell.
- Offers a variety of built-in middleware modules to extend its functionality, enhance request and response operations, and address different development issues; and
- Enables developers to handle both presentation and data access layers, simplifying and speeding up the development process.
- Error messages are not descriptive;
- Unbalanced API; and
- Might have security issues.
- Uses a component-based design to help developers reuse middleware and scale projects;
- V4 includes built-in middleware for AJAX requests;
- A great tool for quickly building web applications and APIs in Node.js; and
- Offers simple client routing requests.
- Lightweight — it is 20kb when minified;
- Flexible and easy to use, users can get started within minutes;
- Allows combining and matching of components that work best for your application's requirements;
- Will get along with any improvements you decide to make, you can adapt it to your project's requirements; and
- Good documentation.
- Opinionated about RESTful API;
- Writing unit tests can be difficult because you may need to write long lines of mock code; and
- Creates empty and redundant div elements for its view.
- Open-source project with over a hundred extensions available;
- Meant to be used with jQuery and Underscore.js as back-end technologies;
- Separates logic from UI for a maintainable codebase, utilizing Models and Views; and
- Helps manage a set of related models through Collections.
Which framework is best for web development
Most popular framework according to JAMStack survey:
- How to learn EnglishLearn04 August 2022
- Learning English effectively: a modern approachLearn07 April 2023
- Anywhere Club turns 1 year oldCommunity19 May 2023
- 6 useful books for a novice DevOps engineerLearn12 May 2023
- What is a QA Automation Engineer and how can you become one?Work10 May 2023
- From policeman to QA EngineerWork05 May 2023
- Cloud adoption from a project management perspectiveLearn05 May 2023
- Roadmap for a junior Java developerLearn15 May 2023
- 6 stereotypes about life in HungaryRelocate30 June 2022
- IT language of the Back-End DeveloperLearn02 May 2023
- How to start a career as a UX Designer without work experienceWork18 April 2023
- IT language of Front-End DeveloperLearn10 April 2023
- 10 essential soft skills for information technologyWork11 May 2023
- How to change jobs without making a mistakeWork03 May 2023
- 20+ useful sources for learning JavaLearn23 May 2023
- Where and how to prepare for the profession of the futureLearn18 May 2023
- IT Language of UI/UX DesignerLearn17 May 2023
- English through music: learn and have funLearn04 November 2022
- Why we burn out and how to deal with itLearn14 April 2023
- Is it possible to burn out even at your favorite job?Work25 April 2023
- How to compose a resumeWork16 August 2022
- How to distribute an iOS App: 4 casesLearn15 February 2023
- What is bootcamp: how does it work and for whom is it suitableWork30 January 2023
- A Business Analyst is the profession of the future, isn’t it?Work21 April 2023
- 3 facilitation case studies: better and worse scenariosWork31 October 2022
- Best practices for data modeling and data cleaning in Power BILearn08 May 2023
- What you need to know to relocate to SerbiaRelocate26 May 2022
- How do you choose the best IT profession for you?Work17 March 2023
- Starting your coding journey with Python: a helpful guide for beginnersLearn26 May 2023
- What does a business analyst do?Work25 May 2023
- Mass layoffs in IT? An experienced financial advisor shares his thoughtsWork27 March 2023
- How do you draw positive attention to yourself?Work23 December 2022
- How to outsmart iOS widget documentation?Learn05 April 2023
- How to ask for a raise or promotionWork09 December 2022
- What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and why is it Important?Learn17 April 2023
- The easiest programming languages to learnLearn07 September 2022
- Soft skills are 85% of a person’s success in a professionWork29 December 2022
- How to pass a technical interview: tips from an expertWork04 April 2023
- Relocation is like the first child's birthRelocate23 May 2022
- IT language of the Business AnalystLearn23 January 2023
- How can a programmer without work experience find a jobWork01 February 2023
- The basic rules of the interviewWork08 February 2023
- How to find your own direction for development in ITWork22 March 2023
- Women in the IT industry: myths and factsWork24 March 2023
- How to become a Tester in three weeksWork19 May 2022
- Home for every IT professional in the worldCommunity19 May 2022
- What should a beginner Automation QA Engineer learnLearn29 September 2022
- How tech professionals can benefit from trying new team rolesWork24 May 2023
- What to read and watch for a novice Java EngineerLearn19 May 2022
- Who can you become in IT?Work13 December 2022
- IT language of the TesterLearn09 January 2023
- Tips from a career consultantWork20 January 2023
- IT language of Data AnalystsLearn06 February 2023
- How to look for a job in 2023Work13 February 2023
- IT Beard talks about Anywhere Club IT communityCommunity19 May 2022
- The Brain-Up project is looking for volunteersWork11 August 2022
- Project Manager responsibilities: tasks and skills vs realityWork31 October 2022
- Teamwork: 5 factors of effective interactionWork03 January 2023
- How to become a Backend DeveloperLearn31 January 2023
- How to give and receive feedback correctlyWork17 February 2023
- Life hacks and impressions of moving to PolandRelocate28 July 2022
- What is mentoring in IT and how does it help you master the profession?Learn27 December 2022
- 30+ useful books for designers in ITLearn20 March 2023
- How to become a DevOpsLearn06 October 2022
- Lithuania: features and life hacksRelocate10 October 2022
- 8 reasons to move to KrakowRelocate26 October 2022
- What to do to get into IT todayWork12 December 2022
- The incredible success story of a switcher in ITWork17 January 2023
- 5 qualities of an ideal Software EngineerLearn17 February 2023
- What does a cosmetologist do in ITWork10 March 2023
- From security guard to DevOpsWork13 March 2023
- Best countries to relocate for IT specialistsRelocate06 June 2022
- From travel agent to a Tester in ITWork20 July 2022
- Where to make friends with blockchainLearn25 August 2022
- Relocation to TurkeyRelocate31 August 2022
- Pros and cons of life in MontenegroRelocate08 September 2022
- “Forget about impostor syndrome”Community18 October 2022
- Life in Italy: what you need to prepareRelocate19 October 2022
- How does a junior get their first job in Singapore?Work22 November 2022
- "Where else but Spain?" — the experience of movingRelocate06 December 2022
- "By the time they come back with an offer, you can give birth"Work27 January 2023
- Skills of a Community ManagerWork06 March 2023
- How to use ChatGPT when writing a CV?AI09 May 2023
- How to start an IT career in testingWork01 June 2022
- Living in Serbia — pros and consRelocate16 June 2022
- Where is Python used and why should you study it in 2022Learn13 July 2022
- What is Data ScienceWork09 August 2022
- 7 soft skills for developersWork27 September 2022
- How to effectively give feedback?Work18 November 2022
- Trends in IT company eventsCommunity30 November 2022
- 10 things beginner startups don't need to doLearn05 January 2023
- Why do job applicants lie in interviewsWork12 January 2023
- How do you increase productivityLearn02 March 2023
- The reality and myths of life in TurkeyRelocate19 May 2022
- Tips for relocating to SerbiaRelocate02 June 2022
- An 8-month journey to Front-EndWork04 July 2022
- The real story of a radical change in professionWork18 July 2022
- Why time management doesn't workLearn19 September 2022
- Relocation to GeorgiaRelocate20 September 2022
- How to manage interview anxietyWork12 October 2022
- Business Analyst in IT: what you need to know and doLearn14 November 2022
- 3 ways to find your dream jobWork24 November 2022
- How to learn Ruby on your ownLearn25 November 2022
- Juniors are needed for companiesWork22 December 2022
- Android: what should beginners and professionals doLearn09 June 2022
- How do expatriates live in UzbekistanRelocate15 June 2022
- What is a vocation, and does it exist in 2022Work20 June 2022
- What are some of the unusual jobs in ITWork21 June 2022
- How to support someone who is stressedCommunity23 June 2022
- The joys and challenges of relocation to HungaryRelocate11 July 2022
- Family traumas in emigrationRelocate03 August 2022
- What impresses in MontenegroRelocate18 August 2022
- Doctor in ITWork24 August 2022
- How to become an HR managerWork05 September 2022
- Top iOS Developer resourcesLearn12 September 2022
- Features of life in GermanyRelocate05 October 2022
- Facilitation: how to conduct it effectivelyWork17 October 2022
- 10 ways to stay on top of IT trendsLearn25 October 2022
- What does a botanist do in IT?Work04 November 2022
- Effectively launching as a junior: an expert's viewWork23 November 2022
- Sent out 500 resumes and moved to UzbekistanWork28 November 2022
- ChatGPT will not replace a human: an expert opinion on IT hypeAI27 February 2023
- 5 myths about IT: true or falseWork19 May 2022
- 5 common questions about relocationRelocate19 May 2022
- To learn how to write code, you have to write codeWork24 May 2022
- The psychological trauma of emigrantsRelocate28 June 2022
- How to avoid burnout and stay productive in 2022Work06 July 2022
- Top 5 startup books to read in 2022Learn27 July 2022
- What do you need to know about the south of SpainRelocate22 August 2022