Anywhere Club turns 1 year old
Exactly one year ago — on May 19, 2022 — Anywhere Club was launched. What has been done during this year? How will the Club develop? Anywhere Club product manager Evgeny Tikhonov answered these and other questions below.
The anniversary of the Club launch is a good opportunity to reflect on what was done during the last year and what we still want to do. When we started one year ago, we were driven by the desire to help people: people taking their first career step, people growing and developing in the field of IT, people around the world in all different stages of their tech careers. The vision of the Club and the direction of its development have changed many times since then, but one thing has remained constant: we make the Club about and for people who want to evolve in tech.
Now is a time of significant changes for tech specialists due to multiple factors: the slowdown of the global economy and of the resulting impact on the IT industry; disruption of the labor market by AI and LLM; and the overall uncertainty that has pervaded society during last year or eighteen months. We can definitely say the following: tech will never be like before. And we are still in the process of finding out how it's going to be. We as a Club are focused on helping users navigate their way through the new reality.
The slowdown of the global economy has significantly impacted the IT industry as a whole, and the demand for tech specialists in particular.
From 2010 to 2022, we saw steady and consistent growth of the IT sector, which was first defined by the active digitalization of the consumer sector (B2C). This growth was enhanced by the digitalization of the business sector (B2B). There was a significant boost after a brief market dip caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now, we are witnessing a normal and cyclical process of market correction, with companies beginning to rethink their attitude toward the effectiveness of investments in IT tools. In a situation of high market uncertainty, most companies and individuals tend to shift toward savings, rather than investing in promising technologies.
I'm looking at the future of the IT market with optimism, though, because:
I'm sure that, in the near future, there will be more jobs in the IT sector. The knowledge and experience requirements for new positions, however, will be higher than they were before, when the market experienced staffing shortages. This means that now is the time to invest in education and get as much practical experience as possible. Special attention should be paid to soft skills, problem solving skills, critical thinking, the ability to work with uncertainty. Domain knowledge of AI and ML is also crucial, as is the ability to apply these technologies. As the saying goes, AI will not replace you, but the person using AI will. People will seek to automate tasks involving a high level of determinacy and a low level of interaction with others. It will be important to focus on less defined and more innovative tasks.
In Anywhere Club, we are trying to produce as much useful content as possible to help people develop in tech and stay ahead of the coming changes.
About the Club today
I mentioned above that our vision for the Club has changed several times this year, and I’ll elaborate a bit on that.
We used to be more of a showcase, with a set of opportunities for growth in IT from us and our partners. Now, we as a Club have already taken the first steps toward personalizing the user experience.
I believe that the experience of our educational partners, the technological breakthrough in the development of Large Language Models (like ChatGPT), and their broader availability, will allow us to offer a qualitatively new value opportunity to the members of Anywhere Club.
The development of LLM and AI will allow us to provide each member of Anywhere Club with exactly what they need in order to achieve their goals.
Our priorities moving forward include:
- Increasing the number of proposals for growth in IT from Anywhere Club and partners without a loss in quality.
- Organizing optimal delivery of proposals to the members of Anywhere Club.
On this day, I want to say a big thank you to our users for their interest in the Club, their willingness to share feedback, and for creating content. Without its members, Anywhere Club wouldn't make any sense. Thank you for being with us!
I encourage all of you to keep registering and filling out your profile if you haven't done so already. This will help us to improve and to be even more useful to you. Tell your friends who are interested in tech about us: we'll be even stronger together.
And, of course, I'm very grateful to the Anywhere Club team for the work that they do and have done. We've accomplished a lot in a year, and I am sure we can do even more. The team is working hard, and I see and appreciate that.
While thinking about Anywhere Club achievements during the past year, I came up with the following list:
Anywhere Club in numbers
- More than 1,300 users received LinkedIn licenses and began training with Anywhere Club;
- More than 5K users took the career test;
- More than 9K users determined their level of English with the help of the test;
- 3K users have joined our community in Discord;
- 120+ articles were published in the blog;
- 60 videos were released on the Club’s YouTube channels, and 30 Discord events were conducted;
- 11K+ people are subscribed to the social media of Anywhere Club;
- More than 100 people are currently studying through, and 42 people have successfully graduated from, the Anywhere Club Career Bootcamp.
It's also very nice to see reposts of our materials by experts and opinion leaders of the IT sphere in themed channels on social media.
We look forward to working in three main directions in the near future:
- Personalizing user experiences and suggestions.
- Extending the number of offers from partners.
- Continuing to produce quality content with the help of the editorial staff, and adding content from community experts.
Happy birthday to you, Anywhere Club!
From the bottom of my heart, I wish the Club even more users who love and appreciate what we built and are continuing to build together. I want new member success stories to be born every day.
Knowing that the Club has helped, and still helps, people reach their goals is the biggest motivation for me to move forward.
To conclude, I would like to ask our users: what would you like us to implement or change in the Club in the next year?
- How to learn EnglishLearn04 August 2022
- Learning English effectively: a modern approachLearn07 April 2023
- 6 useful books for a novice DevOps engineerLearn12 May 2023
- What is a QA Automation Engineer and how can you become one?Work10 May 2023
- From policeman to QA EngineerWork05 May 2023
- Cloud adoption from a project management perspectiveLearn05 May 2023
- Roadmap for a junior Java developerLearn15 May 2023
- 6 stereotypes about life in HungaryRelocate30 June 2022
- IT language of the Back-End DeveloperLearn02 May 2023
- How to start a career as a UX Designer without work experienceWork18 April 2023
- IT language of Front-End DeveloperLearn10 April 2023
- 10 essential soft skills for information technologyWork11 May 2023
- How to change jobs without making a mistakeWork03 May 2023
- 20+ useful sources for learning JavaLearn23 May 2023
- Where and how to prepare for the profession of the futureLearn18 May 2023
- IT Language of UI/UX DesignerLearn17 May 2023
- English through music: learn and have funLearn04 November 2022
- Why we burn out and how to deal with itLearn14 April 2023
- Is it possible to burn out even at your favorite job?Work25 April 2023
- How to compose a resumeWork16 August 2022
- How to distribute an iOS App: 4 casesLearn15 February 2023
- What is bootcamp: how does it work and for whom is it suitableWork30 January 2023
- A Business Analyst is the profession of the future, isn’t it?Work21 April 2023
- 3 facilitation case studies: better and worse scenariosWork31 October 2022
- Best practices for data modeling and data cleaning in Power BILearn08 May 2023
- What you need to know to relocate to SerbiaRelocate26 May 2022
- How do you choose the best IT profession for you?Work17 March 2023
- Starting your coding journey with Python: a helpful guide for beginnersLearn26 May 2023
- What does a business analyst do?Work25 May 2023
- Mass layoffs in IT? An experienced financial advisor shares his thoughtsWork27 March 2023
- How do you draw positive attention to yourself?Work23 December 2022
- How to outsmart iOS widget documentation?Learn05 April 2023
- How to ask for a raise or promotionWork09 December 2022
- What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and why is it Important?Learn17 April 2023
- The easiest programming languages to learnLearn07 September 2022
- Soft skills are 85% of a person’s success in a professionWork29 December 2022
- How to pass a technical interview: tips from an expertWork04 April 2023
- Relocation is like the first child's birthRelocate23 May 2022
- IT language of the Business AnalystLearn23 January 2023
- How can a programmer without work experience find a jobWork01 February 2023
- The basic rules of the interviewWork08 February 2023
- How to find your own direction for development in ITWork22 March 2023
- Women in the IT industry: myths and factsWork24 March 2023
- How to become a Tester in three weeksWork19 May 2022
- Home for every IT professional in the worldCommunity19 May 2022
- What should a beginner Automation QA Engineer learnLearn29 September 2022
- How tech professionals can benefit from trying new team rolesWork24 May 2023
- What to read and watch for a novice Java EngineerLearn19 May 2022
- Who can you become in IT?Work13 December 2022
- IT language of the TesterLearn09 January 2023
- Tips from a career consultantWork20 January 2023
- IT language of Data AnalystsLearn06 February 2023
- How to look for a job in 2023Work13 February 2023
- IT Beard talks about Anywhere Club IT communityCommunity19 May 2022
- The Brain-Up project is looking for volunteersWork11 August 2022
- Project Manager responsibilities: tasks and skills vs realityWork31 October 2022
- Teamwork: 5 factors of effective interactionWork03 January 2023
- How to become a Backend DeveloperLearn31 January 2023
- How to give and receive feedback correctlyWork17 February 2023
- Life hacks and impressions of moving to PolandRelocate28 July 2022
- What is mentoring in IT and how does it help you master the profession?Learn27 December 2022
- 30+ useful books for designers in ITLearn20 March 2023
- How to become a DevOpsLearn06 October 2022
- Lithuania: features and life hacksRelocate10 October 2022
- 8 reasons to move to KrakowRelocate26 October 2022
- What to do to get into IT todayWork12 December 2022
- The incredible success story of a switcher in ITWork17 January 2023
- 5 qualities of an ideal Software EngineerLearn17 February 2023
- What does a cosmetologist do in ITWork10 March 2023
- From security guard to DevOpsWork13 March 2023
- Best countries to relocate for IT specialistsRelocate06 June 2022
- From travel agent to a Tester in ITWork20 July 2022
- Where to make friends with blockchainLearn25 August 2022
- Relocation to TurkeyRelocate31 August 2022
- Pros and cons of life in MontenegroRelocate08 September 2022
- “Forget about impostor syndrome”Community18 October 2022
- Life in Italy: what you need to prepareRelocate19 October 2022
- How does a junior get their first job in Singapore?Work22 November 2022
- "Where else but Spain?" — the experience of movingRelocate06 December 2022
- "By the time they come back with an offer, you can give birth"Work27 January 2023
- Skills of a Community ManagerWork06 March 2023
- How to use ChatGPT when writing a CV?AI09 May 2023
- How to start an IT career in testingWork01 June 2022
- Living in Serbia — pros and consRelocate16 June 2022
- Where is Python used and why should you study it in 2022Learn13 July 2022
- What is Data ScienceWork09 August 2022
- 7 soft skills for developersWork27 September 2022
- How to effectively give feedback?Work18 November 2022
- Trends in IT company eventsCommunity30 November 2022
- 10 things beginner startups don't need to doLearn05 January 2023
- Why do job applicants lie in interviewsWork12 January 2023
- How do you increase productivityLearn02 March 2023
- The reality and myths of life in TurkeyRelocate19 May 2022
- Tips for relocating to SerbiaRelocate02 June 2022
- An 8-month journey to Front-EndWork04 July 2022
- The real story of a radical change in professionWork18 July 2022
- Why time management doesn't workLearn19 September 2022
- Relocation to GeorgiaRelocate20 September 2022
- How to manage interview anxietyWork12 October 2022
- Business Analyst in IT: what you need to know and doLearn14 November 2022
- 3 ways to find your dream jobWork24 November 2022
- How to learn Ruby on your ownLearn25 November 2022
- Juniors are needed for companiesWork22 December 2022
- Android: what should beginners and professionals doLearn09 June 2022
- How do expatriates live in UzbekistanRelocate15 June 2022
- What is a vocation, and does it exist in 2022Work20 June 2022
- What are some of the unusual jobs in ITWork21 June 2022
- How to support someone who is stressedCommunity23 June 2022
- The joys and challenges of relocation to HungaryRelocate11 July 2022
- Family traumas in emigrationRelocate03 August 2022
- What impresses in MontenegroRelocate18 August 2022
- Doctor in ITWork24 August 2022
- How to become an HR managerWork05 September 2022
- Top iOS Developer resourcesLearn12 September 2022
- Features of life in GermanyRelocate05 October 2022
- Facilitation: how to conduct it effectivelyWork17 October 2022
- 10 ways to stay on top of IT trendsLearn25 October 2022
- What does a botanist do in IT?Work04 November 2022
- Effectively launching as a junior: an expert's viewWork23 November 2022
- Sent out 500 resumes and moved to UzbekistanWork28 November 2022
- ChatGPT will not replace a human: an expert opinion on IT hypeAI27 February 2023
- 5 myths about IT: true or falseWork19 May 2022
- 5 common questions about relocationRelocate19 May 2022
- To learn how to write code, you have to write codeWork24 May 2022
- The psychological trauma of emigrantsRelocate28 June 2022
- How to avoid burnout and stay productive in 2022Work06 July 2022
- Top 5 startup books to read in 2022Learn27 July 2022
- What do you need to know about the south of SpainRelocate22 August 2022